after a whirlwind weekend that was certainly one of the best in awhile (boyfriend, football, movies, cookies), i was left yesterday feeling exhausted. but today i’m back with a recipe (!) of something incredibly delicious that i’ve had for the past two days. yes, in a row. it is so good and so easy and can be adapted so many different ways. i made mine with chicken but i’m sure shrimp would be just as yummy, or you can go completely meat free and not sacrifice any taste at all!
cheesy broccoli rice bowls
- 1 cup rice
- 1 chicken breast (or anything or no meat!)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (i used colby jack on sunday and cheddar yesterday, both awesome)
1. boil water for your rice and broccoli. heat oil in a small skillet for the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
2. prepare the rice and steam broccoli for about five minutes or until bright green and tender. cook the chicken all the way through.
3. drain broccoli and then return to pan, add in chicken and your cheese, stir and then place the cover on the pan for about a minute. add in the rice and stir again, covering the pan for another minute.
4. serve into bowls and top with a little cheese, enjoy!
the quality of the photo is bad and i am totally to blame for that. once 7:00 rolls around i’m no hope for having patience to take a picture and not eat! i loved this meal and it is definitely going to be a weekly one because it is so filling and warm on the cold nights we’ve been having! i hope you enjoy!!