i have a confession to make. i love my crockpot. the fact that you can throw in a bunch of stuff and then five hours later have a delicious smelling concoction of food is just magical. i have a baby sized one and must use it at least twice a week.
today i made chicken taco soup and let me tell you it was absolutely delicious and incredibly easy. i searched pinterest for a few recipes but eventually settled on something that was a mish-mash of everything and it was so good!
chicken taco soup
- two chicken breasts, mine were frozen and worked perfectly
- 1 can of sweet corn (or 1.5 cups frozen)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 packet of taco seasoning, i used half because i’m not a spicy fan
- favorite toppings, i used avocado, colby jack cheese, and yellow corn tortilla chips
1. combine everything in your crockpot and cook on low for four hours.
2. shred your chicken breasts with two forks and let cook for another hour.
3. serve into bowls and top with your favorite garnishes! enjoy!
see? three steps, beyond easy, beyond yummy! here’s to a great week!