i love snacking. i could do it all day and i definitely do so it’s also a good thing that i love healthy food more than anything else. but sometimes you just need those crunchy, salty chips and there’s where fruit and veggies don’t cut it.
i made these zucchini chips the other day and they were absolutely perfect. they were crunchy and cheesy and salty and i didn’t feel guilty about maybe eating the entire cookie sheet full of them. and the best part? you know exactly what goes into them, so no more ingredients you can’t pronounce!!
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup milk, i used skim
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees and either spray your cookie sheet with pam or cover with parchment paper.
2. cut your zucchini into thin slices, i used my chopper so they were perfect, a little larger than the thickness of a quarter.
3. measure your cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper into a small bowl, pour the milk into a separate bowl.
4. dunk each slice of zucchini into the milk and then lightly coat with the bread crumb mixture. be sure that your cookie sheet is properly prepared – these babies stick!
5. pop in the oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. keep a close eye because they burn quickly!
enjoy your mindless snacking!