i hope you all had a great weekend filled with college & NFL (go pats!) football and good friends. some crazy things happened over the weekend but finally being with all my friends in one place made it all worthwhile. i have been cooking up a storm so there will be a few awesome recipes coming your way this week!
on another note – hello NYFW! i don’t know about you guys but i love seeing some of my favorite new york based bloggers post gorgeous fashion week pictures. here is some of what i’m loving, all photos via glitter guide:
so it is obviously no secret that i heart kate spade ny. the bright colors and soft girly-ness and the stripes (!!) have totally sucked me in. here’s to spring 2014!
but back to the post, i promised stuffed peppers and clean eats and all that jazz and here you have it! as a side note: everyone run to your nearest tj maxx/homegoods/marshalls and buy yourself a chopper, they’re a real game-changer.
orzo stuffed peppers
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, cored & halved
- olive oil
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees and chop all veggies.
2. cook orzo until al dente, according to package directions.
3. heat olive oil in a skillet (i used a wok) over medium heat. add the onion, zucchini, tomato, and black olives, stirring occasionally until tender, about three minutes. season with salt and pepper, stir, and remove from heat.
4. stir in the orzo and divide mixture among the four peppers. arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
5. enjoy!! both hot out of the oven and refrigerated are delicious.
this recipe was inspired by the cutest cookbook, cook yourself thin, and then slightly altered by me!