okay so i’m about to share my absolute favorite dish to make. it’s a one pot wonder so for those of you that like cooking and hate cleaning, listen up. it also takes about twenty minutes start to finish and most of it you don’t even need to monitor. it’s hard not to love this dish because it is so flavorful and easy, yet pretty darn healthy if you don’t end up eating the entire meal yourself.
chicken asparagus pasta
(2 servings, super easy to adjust to however many servings you need)
- 1/2 pound of chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound of pasta. my favorites are the spinach pasta or the gluten free pasta from whole foods
- 1/2 box of organic chicken broth. I use low sodium, it still tastes awesome
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into three pieces each. use as much or as little as you like, i LOVE asparagus
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1. heat the olive oil and garlic in a decent sized pan, remember everything is going to go into this pan at the end so have enough room for your pasta.
2. add in the chicken and cook until brown, then set aside. try not to drain all of the oil and garlic from the pan, i usually just fish out the chicken with a spoon.
3. add the chicken broth to the pan and let boil, then add in your pasta.
4. cook pasta until it’s just about al dente and then add in your asparagus and chicken and cover, let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. remove from heat and serve!! parmesan cheese and a crusty french bread complement it perfectly.