last night was the night for a netflix binge, actually, this whole weekend might call for one. after a whirlwind of a week, i’m exhausted and my new couch is so comfortable that i might melt into it and never get up.
orange is the new black.
its 100% rated R and 100% out of my comfort zone and 100% addicting. it is so not what i expected and i know right now that it will be the next show i’ll be telling everyone to try for the next month and a half.
but this post isn’t about netflix or binge worthy shows so bring on the food! i can fully attest to the fact that i can’t sit on the couch without a snack so instead of pulling out the yogurt covered pretzels that were calling my name from across the room, i pulled out a bunch of perfectly green, bunchy, springy kale.
kale chips are addicting, which is good because they’re a lot better for you than normal chips. don’t say i didn’t tell you so!!
- 1 bunch of kale
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- sea salt
- parmesan cheese (optional)
1. preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. wash and dry the kale. cut out the “spine” of each leaf, it doesn’t cook well, then cut into decently sized leaves, it will shrink in the oven.
3. toss the cut up kale into a large bowl and toss/massage the leaves with olive oil. the more saturated the leaves are, the crunchier and more evenly cooked the chips will be.
4. i like to toss mine with the salt, i use garlic and sea salt because i like the taste, they’re also good with just sea salt, and the cheese while its in the bowl just to get a more even coating.
5. cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread the kale onto it in a single layer, overlapping is okay, just not to the point where there’s five leaves on top of each other.
6. bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the edges are a crispy brown color. my oven is closer to 25 minutes for some reason, you just have to watch it.
7. enjoy! best eaten the same day, but will last over a few days, you just may need to pop them back into the oven to revive the crispiness.